Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 23 February 2019

BEAUTY IN HIDING by ROBIN PATCHEN

BEAUTY IN HIDING is the second book in the BEAUTY IN FLIGHT series by ROBIN PATCHEN. It is an exciting read, fast paced, with a good Christian message and a budding romance. It is altogether most enjoyable and impossible to put down. I really recommend reading the novels in sequence and cannot wait for Beauty in Battle, which I believe is coming out in April.
The story starts with Harper and Red arriving in Nutfield, after running away from Red's-grandson, Derrick, who had tried to poison his grandfather in order to inherit his money.
Harper, after the life she has led, including a two year stint in prison, is not used to being shown kindness without something being expected from her in return, and she is wary of their landlord, Jack, who showers the two of them with kindness.
When Harper's secrets are out will she run again or will she trust that the truth will indeed set her free?
I am not going to tell you any more, except to say that I really enjoyed the book and recommend it highly.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment