Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 April 2018

A DEFENCE OF HONOR by KRISTI ANN HUNTER

A DEFENSE OF HONOR by KRISTI ANN HUNTER is a delightful book and one that I will definitely read more than once. The author has a really good way with words and I love the easy conversations between the characters. The content is rich with scriptural truth. A serious matter, that of illegitimacy and the lives that are affected by it, is dealt with in the novel. The story takes place in 1816 in England, and the description of British society at the time, with all its class distinction, is well done.
Graham, the viscount Wharton, finds a beautiful, but rather secretive, young lady, hiding behind some foliage in a ballroom. He later comes across her in the street nearby bravely threatening to throw her knife at some vagabonds who are about to harm her. He saves her from them and learns her name is Kit.
When his friend Oliver's sister disappears from London society without a trace, Graham goes with him to look for her.
He comes across Kit again when they follow a lead to Marlborough and he finds her at Haven Manor where she, with the help of Daphne and Jess, look after twelve children of varying ages.
I don't want to spoil the story for you but I will just say that there is romance, intrigue and a great deal of food for thought. It is one of the best books I have read lately and I can really recommend it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment