Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 24 February 2018

THE KREMLIN CONSPIRACY by JOEL ROSENBERG

THE KREMLIN CONSPIRACY is another epic political thriller by JOEL ROSENBERG. I have read and enjoyed all of Rosenberg's novels, and this one is no exception.
The story starts in Russia in 1999 with a series of bombings where civilians are being killed, and which the acting Russian president, Zacharov Luvanov, attributes to the Chechens. Luvanov, after attacking Chechnya, is seen as the saviour of Mother Russia and is quickly voted into office.
Oleg Kraskin marries Marina, the president's daughter, leaves his partnership in a legal firm and goes to work for his father in law. He sees this as the
opportunity of a lifetime.
We are then taken to Colorado in 2001 where we meet Marcus Ryker and his childhood sweetheart, Elena Garcia. Marcus joins the Marines after the Twin Towers tragedy, marries his girl and joins the Secret Service.
These two young men, patriots from opposite sides of the globe, have a lot in common and are destined to meet in very unusual circumstances.
The story will keep you on the edge of your chair! The Author is very well versed in Middle Eastern politics and his descriptions of impending war in the area makes one feel things are going to blow up any minute!
It is a story of courage and patriotism in a volatile situation, with a psychotic madman on one side of the coin, and a president who is loath to stick his neck out on the other.
I really enjoyed the novel and can highly recommend it as being a really exciting read with a strong Christian message.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment