Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 12 February 2016

UNTIL WE REACH HOME by LYNN AUSTIN

I thought I had read all of LYNN AUSTIN's novels and was delighted to find UNTIL WE REACH HOME, which I have just finished reading. It is the beautifully told story of three sisters who leave Sweden for a new life in America during the late 1800's.
Elin and Kristin have shameful secrets which they try very hard to keep to themselves. They each feel very guilty and feel they no longer have a right to expect anything from the Lord. They take a long time to accept His forgiveness and to forgive themselves.
The sisters have always been very close and have always shared everything. Elin, as the oldest, feels responsible for her sisters and feels she has let them down. What she has been through makes her fearful and quite bossy. To start with Kristin resents this, until she recognizes the extent of Elin's sacrificial love for them.
I love the way the author brings in relevant Scriptures throughout the story, and we see how Sofia, the timid baby sister, after being devastated by the death of her parents and losing the only home she has ever known, draws strength and guidance from God's word.
We see the contrast between the harsh treatment they received from their so-called Christian aunt, Hilma, and the treatment they received from their worldly employer, the rich Mrs Anderson.
Exploited by those who should have loved them, the girls finally find love and acceptance when they choose to trust God to guide them. They realize that He has always been with them and that He will lead them home.
This novel is well worth reading for the lovely story and the biblical truth on which it is based. I can highly recommend it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Lynn Austin said...

Thank you for taking the time to review my book, I am so grateful that you liked it and recommend it. Blessings to you and your blog readers. Lynn Austin

Post a Comment