Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 3 June 2014

ALWAYS IN SEPTEMBER by DORIS ELAINE FELL

I have just come across ALWAYS IN SEPTEMBER by DORIS FELL in my bookshelf, and cannot believe I haven't read this fast-paced novel before. I like the story, the setting in Paris, the believable characters, and, most of all, the Christian message. It definitely will not be the last book I read by this author!
Andrea York is an ambitious young fashion journalist who wants to have her own fashion line one day. When she is sent by her boss to follow the fashion scene in Paris, she is excited and feels her career is about to take off. However, she is loathe to leave her grandmother who is failing fast. She goes to see her and promises to visit her grandfather's grave in Normandy for her.
Andrea has no idea of the intrigue in which she will become involved, nor does she know that this trip will lead to the love of a godly man and a renewed relationship with the God she has been ignoring lately.
The novel is well written, the plots well worked out, and the character analysis excellent. I only wish the sequels were out in Kindle.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment