Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 26 May 2012

THE HARBINGER BY JONATHAN CAHN

I have just read THE HARBINGER :the Ancient Mystery that holds the secret of America's Future by JONATHAN CAHN and cannot recommend it enough!  It is a prophetic book which ties up the prophecies of the Old Testament, where the Jews were promised judgment instead of blessing if they turned from the Lord and did things in their own strength, with the judgment that has come to America because of the people's willful turning away from God and pride in their own strength.  We see how the nine harbingers, or warnings, received by Israel before her destruction tie up with the warnings given to America.
He shows how in both cases "the walls were breached" by the enemy, and how Biblical prophecy was fulfilled at Ground Zero and with the collapse of Wall Street.
He shows how the Lord is a God of mercy and desires above all that all men be saved and that He longs for them to turn to Him in obedience to His Word - how He warns them and yearns for them to come to Him - in fact their very future depends upon their reaction to His warnings.  There is definitely hope here, as we see God's great love for those He has created to have fellowship with Him and to follow His ways, ways which lead to His protection and incredible blessings.
There is too much in this book, which is more of a conversation and a teaching than a novel, for 
me to do it justice, and I suggest that you look up www.theharbinger-jonathancahn.com for more information.
It is a very exciting book, and I feel that the warning is not just for the United States but for all people everywhere to choose to return to the Lord before it is too late!



0 comments:

Post a Comment